OVERVIEW “DIALYSIS: APD CYCLER”
The VR training app “DIALYSIS: APD Cycler” helps healthcare professionals to prepare dialysis patients who will be treated with APD (Automated Peritoneal Dialysis) for the operation and use of the Baxter HOMECHOICE CLARIA™ APD system.
The VR training can also be used to train medical staff in the core functions of the Cycler system.
The initial version of this application was supported by DaVita USA and subsequently extended/adapted to the european market.
DIALYSIS: APD Cycler is a comprehensive training, which mediates the patient in 6 chapters the process of:
- Preparing materials
- Placing the cassette in the cycler
- Connecting drain bag
- Connecting solution bags
- Priming the tubes
- Connecting the patient line
Our friendly, intelligent Avatar guides the patient through the sophisticated Weltenmacher learning path – each chapter consisting of 3 learning phases:
- Explanation (theoretical basics)
- Guided (avatar explains steps)
- Training (user trains on his own)
This ensures, that the learned process gets internalized and stays in memory.
VR FOR TRAINING
The aim of the training is to support healthcare providers in educating their patients + staff. When using VR, the users are more engaged and focused. This means, they are more integrated into the decision-making process, which leads to better therapeutic outcome.
According to different studies, VR trainings are an affordable way for faster training with better results compared to convential trainings. The key results in a PWC study on VR trainings in soft skills:
Want to know more about why VR is an excellent medium for education? Read more
ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE
- Standardized, high quality content: developed with medical experts and dialysis industry
- Easy-to-understand language
- Save time: relieve personnel
- Motivated and self-confident patients
- High focus and immersion with VR
- Multilingual: overcome language barriers – train in the patients’ native language
- Unlimited number of training runs
- Positive reputation using the latest technologies
- Affordable yearly subscription model. Use the trainings as often as you need without additional costs
- Ready to use in less than a minute
- wireless + screen mirror on tablet
- No additional hardware needed
- Robust and mature technology
- Technical hotline Support
You already have VR headsets and want to provide our trainings with them, no problem: We’re more than happy to support you on the hardware and administration side, if needed.
- Any dialysis app from the Dialysis Suite
- Contains the 4 dialysis apps
- Dialysis CAPD
- Dialysis APD
- Dialysis orientation
- Mobility training for the HD
VR training app for Baxter APD HOMECHOICE CLARIA™ (Cycler) system.
Average duration: 30-45 Minutes