VR FOR CHEMICAL TECHNICIANS’ TRAINING
Together with Cornelsen eCademy and Currenta, we have developed a comprehensive blended learning scenario for chemical technicians. It consists of both theoretical e-learning segments and practical VR training. In total, it includes several hours of content that prepares the trainees for their real-life tasks.
We have been developing this application since 2020 in close and continuous collaboration with our partners Cornelsen eCademy/inside and Currenta.
- Basic knowledge for working on chemical plants, processes and workflows.
Preparation VR experiments:
- Explanation of the experimental procedure
- Exercises for knowledge transfer from flow diagram to virtual chemical plant
- Final test on work sequence
- Quiz to explain the plant
- Safety position
- Filling the stirring tank
- Heating the stirring tank
- Emptying the stirring tank
- Changeover to steam heating
- Distillation with reflux
- Cooling down
- Put plant to safety position
VR FOR TRAINING
With the blended learning approach in training, trainees have many advantages. Many trainees have great difficulty in the transition from theory to practice: the transfer of knowledge is difficult, and many trainees are insecure. In VR, they are now interactively prepared for the real plants: they get a better comprehension (e.g. through insights into the equipment) and can already gain practical experience without being afraid of possibly damaging something.
According to different studies, VR trainings are an affordable way for faster training with better results compared to convential trainings. The key results in a PWC study on VR trainings in soft skills:
Want to know more about why VR is an excellent medium for education? Read more
ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE
- Standardized, high quality content: developed with industry experts
- Easy-to-understand language
- Save time: relieve personnel
- Motivated and self-confident trainees
- High focus and immersion with VR
- Unlimited number of training runs
- Positive reputation through the use of the latest technologies
- Affordable yearly subscription model, use the trainings as often as you need without additional costs
- Ready to use in less than a minute
- wireless + screen mirror on tablet
- No additional hardware needed
- Robust and mature technology
- Technical hotline Support
Our VR trainings run on almost every standard VR hardware. We’re more than happy to support you on the hardware and administration side, if needed.
Basics of process engineering in e-learning and VR.
Duration: several learning hours