KIDNEY REPLACEMENT THERAPIES VR
Dialysis Orientation is a VR application that will help patients through the decision making process of which therapy they want to choose for their kidney failure.
Moreover it provides new staff the opportunity to learn standardized content.
This application was developed with the medical experts from Ruhruniversität Bochum: Prof. Dr. med. Westhoff and Dr. med. Zgoura.
Dialysis Orientation is a virtual and interactive value-neutral introduction to the different kidney replacement therapies:
- Hemo dialysis (HD)
- Peritoneal dialysis (PD)
- Kidney transplantation
In several chapters, patients get to know the different therapies and learn how each of them affects their everday’s lives regarding for example nutrition and vacation.
They even get to try out some exemplary handles of CAPD or they can take the role of an HD patient in a dialysis center.
VR FOR TRAINING
The aim of the training is to support healthcare providers in educating their patients + staff. When using VR, the users are more engaged and focused. This means, they are more integrated into the decision-making process, which leads to better therapeutic outcome.
According to different studies, VR trainings are an affordable way for faster training with better results compared to convential trainings. The key results in a PWC study on VR trainings in soft skills:
Want to know more about why VR is an excellent medium for education? Read more
ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE
- Standardized, high quality content: developed with medical experts and dialysis industry
- Easy-to-understand language
- Save time: relieve personnel
- Motivated and self-confident patients
- High focus and immersion with VR
- Multi lingual: overcome language barriers – train in the patients’ native language
- Unlimited number of training runs
- Positive reputation through the use of the latest technologies
- Affordable yearly subscription model, use the trainings as often as you need without additional costs
- Ready to use in less than a minute
- wireless + screen mirror on tablet
- No additional hardware needed
- Robust and mature technology
- Technical hotline Support
You already have VR headsets and want to provide our trainings with them, no problem: We’re more than happy to support you on the hardware and administration side, if needed.
- Any dialysis app from the Dialysis Suite
- Contains the 4 dialysis apps
- Dialysis CAPD
- Dialysis APD
- Dialysis orientation
- Mobility training for the HD
VR application to explain various kidney therapies to patients:
HD, PD, transplantation
Duration: ca. 25 Min.
Languages: DE, ENG, NL